|Title:||Associate Director/Director, Medical Strategy|
|Job Status:||Open Position|
POSITION IS FULL-TIME REMOTE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
At this time, OPEN Health is looking for an experienced Associate Director/Director, Medical Strategy candidate interested in joining our growing team! We are a group of talented publication professionals that strive to deliver the highest quality projects to our clients. If you excel in a collaborative team environment and enjoy being rewarded for stellar performance, we encourage you to apply to our company.
The Associate Director/Director, Medical Strategy is part of a shared Strategic Services group and is responsible for providing strategic medical and tactical direction to support all of OPEN Health’s healthcare communications disciplines in (1) the development of multi-stakeholder healthcare communication plans, (2) strong strategic client partnerships, and (3) ongoing new/organic business development activities of the company
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and interpret scientific data, disease/treatment landscape, and external stakeholder evidence requirements to identify challenges, opportunities, and strategic imperatives for the demonstration and communication of a product’s value
- Lead the development of strategic medical content for communication planning initiatives including customized analytics projects, scientific platforms, evidence gap assessments, and supportive tactical plans
- Drive the development of strategic medical content for new business opportunities/ proposals and participate in capabilities presentations for prospective clients
- Provide strategic oversight of medical content during the new client onboarding period in order to provide a seamless transition from planning to implementation
- Lead/Moderate scientific/strategic discussions at client meetings and live programs with clients and/or external experts, as needed
- Leverage understanding of scientific data, client needs, and real-world challenges in order to provide customized, actionable strategies and messages for assigned client accounts; provide input to project specifications and budgets as relevant
- Maintain awareness of evolving Medical Affairs landscape, new industry developments and standards, target therapeutic area trends, and pharmaceutical/biotech company pipelines by attending relevant medical and trade conferences
- Leverage medical and industry knowledge to support the New Business Team in identifying opportunities for organic growth and new business development in alignment with the OPEN Health service offering
- Advanced Life Sciences degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO) from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years (Associate Director) or 5 years (Director) of experience working in a Medical Affairs consultancy or medical communications agency, or within the Medical Affairs division of a pharmaceutical company
- Proven project management, time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including outstanding presentation development and delivery skills
- Enthusiastic, team player, self-motivated
- Willingness to travel
- This position will be performed remotely or in a corporate business setting as required
- Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday; or as required by business needs
- Travel: International and domestic; approximately 25%-50%
- Ability to sit, walk, and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Candidates without the required experience needed for this role will not be considered.
Cover letter shows initiative.
NO RECRUITERS, please.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: