OPEN Health is a group of talented publication professionals that strive to deliver the highest quality projects to our clients. Our teams provide strategic support to pharmaceutical company clients and produce top-notch journal articles, abstracts, posters, supplements, slide presentations, monographs, and other educational materials. If you excel in a collaborative team environment and enjoy being rewarded for stellar performance, we encourage you to apply to our company.
The Writer, HEOR works as part of a multidisciplinary team (including medical, editorial, and account personnel) to produce real-world evidence (RWE) and HEOR-focused writing projects (e.g., abstracts, posters, manuscripts, etc.) for assigned accounts. This position may also support new business development efforts by assisting with the medical portion of an RFI or RFP. Related projects may include product backgrounders, disease state overviews, and cost/burden-of illness/quality-of-life.
Duties and responsibilities
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop high-quality scientific communications in any therapeutic area in liaison with medical directors and other members of the HEOR team. These include producing RWE and HEOR-focused strategic plans, abstracts, posters, outlines, primary and review articles, monographs, dossiers, slide presentations, meeting summaries, and other materials; may be de novo or repurposed
- Provide research assistance to medical directors and the HEOR team in the development stages of projects
- Work independently to incorporate necessary revisions (original or inherited material)
- Work closely with medical, editorial, and account management personnel in coordinating work to accomplish project goals
- Actively participate with team members in terms of strategic recommendations and continuous quality improvement
- Interact with clients, faculty, and stakeholders to provide guidance and assistance as needed
- Represent the company at selected society (i.e., competitive intelligence assignments; educational) and client meetings as needed
- Assist in the development of project proposals and other new business development initiatives as needed
- Remain cognizant of team/company expectations in terms of budgeted hours, deadlines, and other goals
- Maintain timely submission of timesheets
- Maintain consistent attendance
Education or Equivalent (minimum required to perform job):
- Master’s in Public Health (MPH), Masters in Science (MS) or other masters or higher level degree in Health Economics, Health Services Research, Outcomes Research, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or other comparable health related areas
- 2 years of HEOR/RWE experience in a medical education company or pharmaceutical/biotechnology company
- Strong writing skills
- Proven track record of high-impact HEOR communication projects, real-world evidence (RWE), value evidence generation, health technology assessment (HTA), and/or market access
- Ability to function as the expert on a team with regard to HEOR methodology, terminology, and subject matter
- Ability to review data outputs, interpret results, and develop/deliver communications
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly understand any pharmaceutical product and therapeutic area
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and PubMed searching required. Knowledge of EndNote preferred
- Ability to support outcomes analysis and reporting
- Ability to work both independently (on-site and remotely) and in a team structure
- Demonstrated comfort level working with clients and thought leaders
Position is located in Parsippany, NJ. Remote working options will be considered for this position.
This position will be performed in a corporate business setting.
Office is located on the 3rd Floor of office building. Elevator is in good working condition but can be inoperable during times of repair or power outages.
- Ability to use a keyboard for long periods of time
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
When applying, please include a cover letter along with your resume.
No recruiters, please.