|Title:||Health Economics Modeling Scientist - REMOTE OPPORTUNITY!|
Currently holding exploratory calls for this position!
Peloton Advantage, an OPEN Health company, is an industry-leading medical communications company located in Parsippany, NJ. Our medical and account teams provide strategic support to pharmaceutical company clients and produce high-quality journal articles, abstracts, posters, supplements, slide presentations, monographs, and other educational materials.
The HEOR – Value Evidence Generation department is charged with designing, developing and/or conducting HEOR and real-world data (RWD) studies, models and analyses, strategic insights, abstracts/posters/publications and value communications tools throughout the product lifecycle with the goal of providing clients and their stakeholders with high-quality HEOR data to support decision-making.
The Health Economics Modeling Scientist will have competencies in creating cost-effectiveness/utility models, budget impact models and disease transmission models using various approaches including, but not limited to, Decision Analysis, Markov Modeling and/or Discrete Event Simulation. The Health Economics Modeling Scientist will have proven abilities in model conceptualization and design using industry standard software (e.g., TreeAge), identification of health states, transition probabilities, expected outcomes (costs, life-years, QALYs, net cost, etc.), running the “base-case” and appropriate one-way, n-way and probabilistic sensitivity analyses and ensuring overall consistency and alignment with current methodological standards and recommendations of leading HTA agencies and Value Frameworks.
Whenever necessary, the Health Economics Modeling Scientist may be asked to serve as an external Subject Matter Expert (SME) from the department at client or industry meetings.
The position is a Contractor position with the potential to evolve into a fulltime opportunity.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of health economic models from conceptualization through model planning, model development, analysis and ultimately dissemination of results at scientific congresses and in peer-reviewed journals
- Collaborate and partner on health economic models with external Scientific Leaders (SLs), Academic Research Organizations (AROs) and client HEOR Teams
- Provide internal inter-departmental education on health economic modeling methodologies and techniques to improve proficiency in this area across teams
- Work closely with writing staff to ensure accurate, high-quality, on-target messaging derived from the health economic models
- Develop health economic modeling solutions for account team(s) based on product lifecycle
- Serve as a role model for others with respect to professionalism and personal productivity
- Provide health economic modeling services to assigned accounts
- Attend status meetings as necessary
- Comply with company standards
- Procure and maintain appropriate travel documentation
- Maintain consistent attendance
- Maintain timely submission of time sheets
Education or Equivalent (minimum required to perform job):
- A doctoral degree in Health Economics, Health Services Research, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or other comparable health-related area with a focus on economic modeling
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven track record of developing high-impact health economic models
- Experience with writing health economic modeling plans and model user-guides
- Ability to fully interpret and communicate all model results including sensitivity analyses
- Knowledgeable in newer and evolving methodologies such as multiple criteria decision analysis (MCDA)
- Ability to function as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the company with regard to health economic models
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, collaborators and partners
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple parallel projects
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team structure
Position is Remote
Hours 8:30am – 5pm
Travel: up to 20% domestic and/or international (including periodic travel to New Jersey HQ site and/or client sites)