|Title:||Director, HEOR - REMOTE OPPORTUNITY!|
|Job Status:||Open Position|
Peloton Advantage, an OPEN Health company, is an industry-leading medical communications company located in Parsippany, NJ. Our medical and account teams provide strategic support to pharmaceutical company clients and produce high-quality journal articles, abstracts, posters, supplements, slide presentations, monographs, and other educational materials.
The HEOR – Value Evidence Generation department is charged with designing, developing and/or conducting HEOR and real-world data (RWD) studies, models and analyses, strategic insights, abstracts/posters/publications and value communications tools throughout the product lifecycle with the goal of providing clients and their stakeholders with high-quality HEOR data to support decision-making.
The Director, HEOR, provides leadership and works as part of a multidisciplinary team (including medical, editorial, and account personnel) to produce real-world evidence (RWE) and HEOR-focused writing projects (e.g., abstracts, posters, manuscripts, etc.) for assigned accounts. The Director, HEOR will have experience/competencies in a number of areas, including health economic modeling (decision analysis, markov models, discrete event simulation models), retrospective database analyses (claims, electronic medical records, integrated datasets), and/or primary data collection studies (cross-sectional surveys, prospective cohort studies, patient/disease registries, pragmatic trials).
Research topics may include, but not be limited to, practice patterns, treatment inertia, unmet needs/treatment gaps, comparative effectiveness, adherence/persistence, cost-effectiveness, cost/burden-of illness, budget impact, quality of life/utility assessment, preference/discrete choice experimentation, treatment satisfaction, meta-analysis, predictive modeling and multiple criteria decision analysis (MCDA).
The department will create value dossiers and other field-based tools and disseminate research findings at scientific congresses and in the peer-reviewed literature within these areas of expertise. The Director, HEOR assumes responsibility for all HEOR deliverables for assigned accounts and new business efforts, must be able to work both independently and in a team structure, and must be particularly suited to high-profile client and faculty contact. As the HEOR lead on any project, the Director, HEOR is responsible for working closely with HEOR Team members including, but not limited to, the Health Economics Modeling Scientist and the Real-world Data Analysis Scientist. The Director, HEOR must also be able to clearly communicate content needs to Medical Directors, Medical Writers and HEOR Writers and concept needs to Graphic Designers.
The Director, HEOR will also provide high-level strategic input to clients and to internal account teams regarding RWE, value evidence generation and communication, health technology assessment and/or market access. Note: Although the Director, HEOR will not be directly responsible for developing health economic models or running statistical analyses, s/he must have knowledge and experience with both.
The Director, HEOR may be required to manage one or more direct reports including monitoring workload, conducting performance reviews, providing guidance and mentorship, and approving timesheets and PTO requests (full details are outlined in Section IV).
Whenever necessary, the Director, HEOR may be asked to serve as an external Subject Matter Expert (SME) from the department at client or industry meetings.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional internal/external teams and manage all aspects of HEOR studies and models from conceptualization through protocol development, study/model implementation, analysis and ultimately dissemination of study results at scientific congresses and in peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to collaborate and partner with external Scientific Leaders (SLs), Academic Research Organizations (AROs), Data Vendors and client HEOR Teams
- Support business development efforts across the organization relative to HEOR
- Identify opportunities to further leverage client’s existing HEOR data through post-hoc analyses and/or collect new/additional data through de novo research
- Plan, manage, and review HEOR projects and publications and help develop HEOR education programs
- Provide internal inter-departmental education on HEOR topics to improve proficiency in these areas across teams
- Work closely with medical direction and/or medical writing staff to ensure accurate, high-quality, on-target messaging
- Partner with Account Leads (SVP/VP, Client Services) to evaluate opportunities for HEOR support to drive organic growth within existing business
- Develop solutions for account team(s) based on product lifecycle
- The Director, HEOR may or may not manage other employees. Individuals with direct reports are expected to:
- Monitor their workload and make proactive recommendations to Senior Management regarding plans for anticipated temporary/ongoing periods of underutilization or overload
- Approve and monitor their timesheets, expenses, and PTO requests
- Oversee their development
- Conduct regular performance evaluations
- Enforce compliance with all company SOPs
- Serve as a role model for others with respect to professionalism and personal productivity
- Provide HEOR services to assigned accounts
- Represent the company at selected educational and client meetings and business pitches
- Attend status meetings as necessary
- Comply with company standards
- Procure and maintain appropriate travel documentation
- Maintain consistent attendance
- Maintain timely submission of time sheets
Education or Equivalent (minimum required to perform job):
- MD, PharmD, PhD, or other advanced degree in Health Economics, Health Services Research, Outcomes Research, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or other comparable areas
- 5 years of HEOR/RWE experience in a medical education company or pharmaceutical/biotechnology company
- Proven track record of high-impact HEOR programs (including publications), RWE, value evidence generation, health technology assessment (HTA), and/or market access
- Experience with designing HEOR/RWE studies and writing research protocols
- Ability to generate statistical analysis plans (SAPs) and interpret SAS (or other statistical software) output
- Experience in the design, development and/or interpretation of health economic models
- Strong strategic thinking skills in the areas of value, affordability, evidence generation, access and reimbursement
- Ability to function as the Subject Matter Expert within the company with regard to HEOR topics
- Knowledge of the changing payer/HTA landscape in the U.S. (e.g., Value Frameworks like ICER and ASCO) and globally (HTA Agencies like NICE and IQWIG)
- Broad technical knowledge of outcomes research and health economics
- Strong technical writing skills
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical marketing and drug commercialization
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, collaborators and partners
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple parallel projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of assigned accounts and related revenue targets as the HEOR lead
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team structure
Position is Remote
Hours 8:30am – 5pm
Travel: Up to 20% domestic and/or international (including periodic travel to New Jersey HQ site and/or client sites)