|Title:||Senior Medical Writer|
|Department:||Medical and Scientific Affairs|
|Job Status:||Open Position|
Peloton Advantage, an OPEN Health company, is looking for experienced Senior Medical Writer candidates to join our growing team! We are a group of talented publication professionals that strive to deliver the highest quality projects to our clients. If you excel in a collaborative team environment and enjoy being rewarded for stellar performance, we encourage you to apply to our company.
The Senior Medical Writer works as part of a multidisciplinary team (including medical, editorial, and account personnel) to produce abstracts, posters, outlines, primary and review articles, monographs, slide presentations, meeting summaries, and other materials. Level of experience and ability to effectively partner with medical directors to create efficiencies justifies the senior role.Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop high-quality scientific medical communications in any therapeutic area in liaison with medical directors, including abstracts, posters, outlines, primary and review articles, monographs, slide presentations, meeting summaries, and other materials; may be de novo or repurposed
- Provide research assistance to medical directors in the development stages of projects
- Create efficiencies in terms of streamlined medical director manuscript review based on level of experience
- Work independently to incorporate manuscript revisions
- Work closely with medical, editorial, and account management personnel in coordinating work to accomplish project goals
- Participate as an active team member in terms of strategic recommendations and continuous quality improvement
- Interact with clients, faculty, and freelance writers to provide guidance and assistance as needed
- Represent the company at selected society (ie, competitive intelligence assignments; educational) and client meetings as needed
- Assist in the development of project proposals and other new business development initiatives as needed (eg, background, lit searches, faculty recommendations, biography updates, etc)
- Is cognizant of team/company expectations in terms of budgeted hours, deadlines, and other goals
- Maintain timely submission of timesheets
- Maintain consistent attendance
- MD, PharmD, or PhD strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience with a medical education company or clinical equivalent
- Ability to produce high-quality medical writing based on materials and information supplied by a medical director.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and PubMed searching required. Knowledge of EndNote preferred.
- Ability to work both independently (on-site and remotely) and in a team structure.
- Ability to multi-task in order to meet multiple objectives while maintaining quality.
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly understand any pharmaceutical product, particularly as it relates to the overall therapeutic area.
- High comfort level working with clients and faculty.
- This position will be performed in a corporate business setting
- Office is located on the 3rd Floor of office building. Elevator is in good working condition but can be inoperable during times of repair or power outages
- Company headquarters is located in Parsippany, NJ (full-time remote approved for this position)
- Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Travel: Less than 10%
No recruiters, please.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: